What is the Wellness Committee all about?
The purpose of the NARACES wellness committee is to enhance the quality of life of counselor educators and supervisors by assisting them in developing effective self-care strategies, creating a work-life balance, and promoting overall wellness.
We are also looking for new members all the time!
The NARACES wellness committee is looking for committee members! Contact one of us at the links below to inquire about positions.
We are looking for members to assist with:
- Keeping the website current
- Assisting with the newsletter column
- Assisting with the wellness portion of the NARACES 2018 conference
- Assist in developing criteria for a wellness research grant
How to contact us:
Want to read about wellness? Browse the following articles we thought may interest you!
- Motherhood and Counselor Education: Experiences With Work-Life Balance.
- A career counselor’s advice on social media use, networking and work-life balance.
- The Intersectionality of African American Mothers in Counselor Education: A Phenomenological Examination.
- Confessions of a Workaholic
Want some wellness resources? Visit the following links:
American Heart Association – http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/
American Cancer Society – https://www.cancer.org/
American Diabetes Association – http://www.diabetes.org/
Free Mindfulness Apps Worthy of Your Attention – https://www.mindful.org/free-mindfulness-apps-worthy-of-your-attention/
The Top 4 Prayer Apps for Your Phone… and They’re All FREE – https://margaretfeinberg.com/4-best-prayer-apps-phone/
Can’t Afford A Trainer? These Are The Best Workout Apps – http://www.refinery29.com/best-workout-apps