NARACES RESEARCH GRANT
NARACES is pleased to announce a call for research grant proposals. This year, we have three $500 grants available. Proposals will be accepted between May 1st and July 15th. For more information on the research grant process or to submit a proposal, please contact Research Grant Co-Chairs Drs. Derek Seward (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Rachel Vannatta (email@example.com).
Purpose: The purpose for this call for proposals is support research related to counselor education and supervision. NARACES will fund up to three proposals for up to $500.
Who May Apply: This grant competition is open to current NARACES members: students, site supervisors, and counselor educators. Student and site supervisor researchers are especially encouraged to apply.
Submission Limit: Individuals may submit (or be part of a submission team) for only one proposal. Multiple submissions by any researcher (individually or as part of multiple research teams) will not be accepted.
Proposal Format: Proposals must adhere to the following requirements in order to be considered:
- Follow the guidelines set forth in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) (2010). [No title page and abstract needed/application form will be title page.]
- Proposal should be no more than four pages, excluding the application form and references.
- Proposals should include a rationale, methodology, budget, plan for dissemination, and references.
- Please prepare the proposal for “blind” review. Remove any researcher identification from the proposal. The application form will include researcher contact information.
- Submitted documents must be in either Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format.
Evaluation Criteria: A panel of reviewers will evaluate research proposals using the following criteria:
- The researcher is a current member of NARACES
- The researcher submitted only one grant proposal this review cycle
- Points will be awarded according to the following formula:
- Proposed topic is within the scope of counselor education and supervision (30 pts.)
- Relevance of research or practice to counselor education and supervision as evidenced by the literature review (30 pts.)
- Strength and clarity of the research methodology or description of program (30 pts.)
- Applicable ethical standards for research with human subjects (10 pts.)
- Note: Funds may not be used for time compensation, including GA work, unless you provide the “employee” with a 1099 Form submitted to the IRS, so that they are taxed appropriately. The budget may include payment for time if the recipient (e.g., transcription company, statistical consultant) accounts for the self-employment or business income and provides a receipt. Receipts must be maintained by the Primary Researcher and made available should ACES request the records.
As a condition of the acceptance of the grant award, the researcher is required to:
- Submit an interim and final report including a description of research activities and how funding is being used.
- Submit a copy of the proposal in presentation form and present the research results at a NARACES or ACES conference when the next call is announced. [The next call would be for the NARACES 2020 or ACES 2021 conferences.]
- The researcher will include an acknowledgment of NARACES financial support of the project in all reports, presentations, or publications related to the supported project.
Deadline for Submission: The deadline for submission is 7/15/19.
- Complete the application form.
- Develop your proposal according the grant guidelines
- Email the application form and grant proposal submission to Rachel Vannatta at firstname.lastname@example.org