Presentation Proposal Guidelines
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The call for proposals and reviewers will close February 14th, 2020 at 5pm EST.
The NARACES Executive Committee is pleased to announce the call for proposals for the NARACES 2020 Conference, November 5th-8th, 2020 in Pittsburgh, PA. We invite proposal submissions for the conference that address all areas of counseling, counselor education, and supervision. Pre-conference sessions and the Emerging Leaders Workshop will occur on Thursday (11/5), with a welcoming reception Thursday evening. The conference educational sessions will run on Friday (11/6) and Saturday (11/7) from 8 am to 5 pm and Sunday (11/8) from 8 am to 12 pm. Submissions must be received by February 14th, 2020 by 5 pm ET.
All conference proposals will undergo a double-blind review. If you have any questions, please contact the Conference Program Co-Chairs, Dr. Sherrie Bruner and Dr. Meredith Drew at naraces2020ProgramProposals@gmail.com.
You will need to create an account once you enter the portal.
Electronic Program Proposal Format
- Program Title Your title should clearly and accurately describe the focus of your presentation (max 100 characters with spaces)
- Type of Session and Format Flexibility 90-minute content session; 50-minute content session; 50-minute roundtable discussion session; or 30-minute poster session
- Primary Topic Addressed (based primarily on NBCC categories)
- Presenter Information and Qualifications Name, highest degree earned, licensure/certification, institutional affiliation, primary mailing address, email, and phone (for all presenters)
- Presenter Expertise The collective experience related to proposed session (max 1500 characters).
- Conference Program Abstract This will appear in the conference program (max 500 characters).
- Synopsis of Program Include overview of rationale, content, and presentation format (max 1500 characters).
- Learning Objectives Provide three objectives attendees can expect as a result of participating in your program; they must be relevant to the work of professional counselors, supervisors, and counselor educators. They will be available to participants (max 500 characters).
- Presenter Agreement You must agree to the following:
- Individuals’ names may only appear on two presentations (includes lead or co-presenter).
- All presenters must be available to present Friday 11/6/20 and Saturday 11/7/20 from 8am – 5pm and Sunday 11/8/20 from 8am – 12pm.
- NARACES will provide one screen in each content presentation room. Any other A/V needs are the responsibility of the presenter (including projector).
- All presenters must register for the conference by 9/1/20 to be included in the conference program.
- Presenters must provide handouts or make the presentation available to participants within one week of the conference.
Proposals will be blind-reviewed and rated on the following review criteria:
- Clear rationale for program
- Clearly stated and appropriate learning objectives
- Appropriate content and format
- Overall organization and clarity
- Relevance of topic to NARACES membership
- Appropriate fit with program tracks
- Attention to cultural and ethical considerations
- Relevant presenter credentials
- 12/18/19 – Submission portal open
- 2/14/20 – Deadline for submissions
- 4/24/20 – Decision notification
- 5/22/20 – Scheduling notification
- 9/1/20 – Deadline for presenters and co-presenters to register; all presenters must register by this date and attend the conference to be included in the conference program
If you have questions, please contact the Program Co-Chairs, Dr. Sherrie Bruner and Dr. Meredith Drew, at naraces2020ProgramProposals@gmail.com.
The North Atlantic Region Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (NARACES) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 1103. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. NARACES is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.